Thursday, June 28, 2012

June 13, 2012

Soooooooo, its been a long time since i emailed last haha. A lot has
happened and ill try to get it all in here the best i can,

My companion is elder obray from north ogden utah, he is like the most
normal companion i have had in the last 10 months and for once i dont
feel the stress of doing EVERYTHING. its way good and we work our
butts off. Elder grover is here with me again and we live together on
the third floor of a apartment building with a huge balcony where we
watch over our little town until 1030 everynight haha. its way fun
just seeing all the toursits and people walking around and doing
stuff. This place is really nice. I feel like i finally have a normal
mission and am not babysitting or worrying about anybodys problems but
our investagators which is how it should be. I can focus on missionary
work and thats it. ITs all that consumes my time. Its kinda nice and
im way happy with it.

We have a lot of good stuff going on in our ward. We have 2 baptisms
for july scheduled, daisy and her son korey. 33 and 10. Daisy has 9
kids though and were hoping to baptize 7 of them when they all come
home 4 days from now. that would be a lot of baptisms. She is getting
interviewed on thursday by president for some PT's but is super solid.
We have had some really spiritual lesssons with her. Our other very
good investagator is becky. she is a white lady from here with her
awesome family whose sister is a member in North carolina. She said
she has always been a good example to her and is progressing. we hope
to get her with a date on thursday. These are the most solid
investagators i have had in a long time. I feel like im being rewarded
for the crap i had for a while which im ok with haha. Everyone i tell
that i was in waianae like freaks out and says how was that? and
anything crazy happen there? i for sure have had some of the worst
areas haha.

My ward is way cool. One of my favorite familys from pukalani comes
here and i saw them the first sunday i was here and that was cool. the
general authority is in our ward. our bishop has a huge house and
sells islands for a living(yeah i didnt know you could do that either)
and my ward mission leader is super FOB (fresh off the boat) from
tonga. My favorite polynesian people. I cant think of it getting any
better.

cool story realy quick, so last thursday we had a crazy day doing tons
of stuff going everywhere. we had an appointment at 4 with becky and
then dinner at 5. so the appointment got over and like 515 and we were
way far away from dinner, plus on bikes so we called and then peddled
fast haha but we got there and went to mcdonalds, we had to be at the
chapel at 6 to teach the relief society about how to be better member
missionaries so we were crunched. but while eating my mcdouble
somebody popped my tire on my bike with his knife like 4 seconds
before we were about to go. elder obray saw it but didnt say anything
so that the single lady we were having dinner with didnt have to worry
about us. so we got outside and i started walking my bike to the gas
station to lock up, but some guy pulled up and said hey can i fix your
bike like way randomly so i said yeah sure haha. i wouldnt turn that
down, he took my bike and told me that he would drop it off outside
our church at 8 when we would be done. SO i left and ran to the church
behind my companion alllllllllllllllllllllll the way there. it sucked
but its ok. like 3 miles though taught the lesson which went way good.
and then at 8 went outside to my bike sitting there with a new tire on
all pumped up. I didnt see the guy again and i have no idea who he was
but i appreciate him. Miracles happen every day haha. but yeah. kinda
cool.


well love all you guys. talk to you soon


elder allen

No comments:

Post a Comment