Monday, August 22, 2011

Hey everyone,

Hows it going? it sounds like your all doing good. mom this is my only advice to you
about the young womens thing. Its how i used to feel about missions
until i just kinda bucked up haha. In fact i dont even know if this
will help but its my advice of the week. So a word i no longer have in
my vocabulary is inadequate. I used to feel like i couldnt do it
because i was inadequate. Which when i felt like that it was very
overwhelming and stressful so i got rid of that word, prayed hard and
discovered that if you do your very best the lord just fills in
everything else. I know im sounding like the corny missionary i used
to make fun of and I said I would never be one, but I also found that
its easier for people to understand if I went through the same thing
so this is why I share my story of when the word inadequate was
destroyed from my head haha.

Ok so there is my advice for the week. Take it or leave it but i hope
it helps and of course i will be praying. I do it anyways.

i am sending the package either tomorrow or wednesday, we will have to
see how everything works out but it will be this week. And yes i got
the packages, thanks so much. it was awesome.

Last week was crazy by the way. Elder workman, the greenie from cali
had an apendicitus, so i knew exactly how that felt. He has become one
of my way good friends as well. Im glad im with him for like my whole
mission haha. So he was in the hospital for 2 days and then stayed at
a members house so that was kinda weird. Elder pincock came with us
the whole week. he is back now and seems good as new. he is a tough
kid. Were struggiling right now to find some committed investagators
though which blows. We teach a lot and people love us but they want
nothing to do with commitment. Pray for that to get better. we taught
18 lessons and no one is willing to be baptized. That needs to change
haha. Our samoan ward mission leader was released on sunday and we got
a new howlie guy who is way cool brother brantley. He lived in isreal
and is the reason brother buell got baptized. He will be great at it
and im excited to start working with him.

One crazy story from this week was we tracted into a bounty hunter
that is hiding in the hills of kula with his family. He is from
Kaysville. ya blew my mind to haha. he knows the broughs and all these
people and its weird to talk to him. He is a member but super less
active because of his opinions but we had a good chat with him and
then he said to go get in his hummer so we did ( partly because we
were scared he was going to murder us) and he drove us up some
mountain to see the view haha. It was scary but he is super loaded and
has tons of cash, He is taking us on a helicoptor tour next week and
so im excited for that. Im glad we met him but still scared. He told
us his name was jff. Yeah im not sure what that means but I assume its
jeff. He even spelled it that way on our phone. Its so weird but he is
nice and im glad he likes mormon missionaries haha.

Alright well thats about how my week went pretty good. Hope everyones
school was good. Glad to get going again i hope..... love you all

elder allen...

1 comment: