Monday, September 26, 2011

Hey everyone,
 
So yep, im in oahu now. This island is crazy i have decided. Its like
they took L.A. and moved it onto an island with tons of micronesians
and phillipeanos and samoans. Its nuts. We were standing in one of our
areas on saturday and i was looking around and i was the only white
person i could see. And there were a ton of people around haha.
Craziest thing i have ever seen. So ya maui is a better island haha.
 
But it is good. We whitewashed the area of Moanalua Valley and Fort
shafter, and the ghetto which is called KPT. Kohillo park terrace. And
we walk to all of them because we dont know the bus routes. Yes this
area is way more humbling than the last haha. I havent really felt
like missionary until now i have decided so its good in that aspect.
So yeah its good. My new comps name is Elder Toloa from samoa. Like
straight from samoa so thats cool. I am learning lots of samoan words
haha.
 
THis last week was probably like the hardest week of my life because i
was homesick for my two homes now. I cant see this turning into the
same feeling but who knows i will give it a shot. We have already
committed two people to baptism and we taught 15 lessons this week with 
1 new investagator so this area is where we need to
be for some good solid work. If we can do that in 3 days imagine a
full week. Thats what president said he wanted was some good numbers
so i guess thats what we will give him.
 
Being district leader is stressful and i have my first training
tomorrow haha. Oh well how bad could it be huh? I mean the other
missionaries have all been out longer than me so they will understand
i havent ever done it before. So i can only get better at it i guess.
I need elder davies here to help me haha an no i dont think he knows.
I will tell him when he calls me.
 
One last thing that i though was funny, but not really is KPT is like
a huge high rise of low income apartments, built in like 1965 so they
are way old. they have stair cases that go all the way up 17 stories
and all the way up and crips hanging out in them. They just pee all
over the stairs so it reaks of urine and marijuana and every other
drug you can imagine. They call us jusus bruddahs though so i guess
that means were friends haha. But its so nasty. Elder toloa and i had
to run up 16 flights of them so we wouldnt be late for an appointment
and i thought i would throw up it smelled so bad but i only did a
little in my mouth haha. So nasty i will never bring you guys here.
 
 
k well thats about all for this week. Just gotta keep moving on and
not focus on my self.... Thanks for everything and im glad you gotta
meet matt. It sucks without him.....
 
K love you guys
 
elder allen

No comments:

Post a Comment